Dear current and past members
We hope you are all well and safe in these difficult times we are all living in.
Following the latest Government guidance, we are pleased to announce that the courts will be open from Weds 13th May. The gate code will be reset to the code detailed on your 2020/2021 membership receipt.
To ensure we adhere to the guidelines set out by the Government and the LTA (attached), we have outlined the rules below
- Courts must be booked through ClubSpark
- Only Courts 1 and 3 will be in use at any one time
- Households – up to 4 players on court
- Non household – only 2 players on court with social distancing adhered to if playing with someone outside of your household
- Use of the clubhouse is prohibited
- Players to use their own balls
- Respect the 2 metre distance at all times with others using the courts
- Wash your hands at home before and after playing
- The cleaning and maintenance rotas are suspended until further notice
- Members play at their own risk
The resurfacing of the courts will commence the week of 1st June and we anticipate the courts will be closed for a period of 3-4 weeks. We will keep you updated on progress and when the courts will reopen. We understand this may be inconvenient; however, the work was contracted to commence prior to the announcement on Sunday and is the best time to proceed while we still have a level of restriction.
The committee has reviewed the impact of the court closures on membership fees, duration and renewal.
Given the unavailability of the courts for 7 weeks because of Covid-19, members who have renewed their membership already or who renew now, prior to resurfacing, will have their membership extended beyond March 2021 for the number of weeks affected. They will then be eligible for a prorated renewal fee for the membership year 2021 / 2022.
For those who renew during or after the resurfacing, prorated fees will be displayed on Clubspark and the OTC website for the remainder of the 2020/2021 year.
We are aware there will be individual circumstances so please contact Steff Johnston to discuss further.
Please contact any member of the committee if you have any questions